Monday, February 19, 2007

I want to get a-way... I want to fly a-way..yeah..YEAH

Well it looks like all the talk of friends getting away has gotten to me. I cannot wait until October for Mexico and the desire to run away is very present.

So far it is looking like a short trip at the end of March to our favorite spot in Elk, California (near Mendocino) at the Sandpiper House Inn. (Yes, I know. Nothing like spelling it out. It is a house and also an inn.)

In 2002, we had the best homemade breakfast of Bourbon Chocolate Waffles (I know, may sound kind of "yuck", but they were fabu!) made lovingly by owner Althea which she rightly served with very thick and very yummy bacon along side my kind of standing-spoon coffee. They also treated us to the most incredible wine and cheese host with local wines from neighboring vineyards in Navarro and Philo - hence the names of the kittens we picked up there on that same first trip!

Going to the sea clears my my mind and invigorates me so completely that I feel I have taken the most wonderfully long journey. A rest well needed indeed considering my last couple of posts.

Here's to the sea!

2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Ooo, that sounds lovely! Nothing like the Mendo Coast to clear yer head. And the food at the "House Inn" sounds soo yummy! Countin' the days...

Chris said...

That place looks like it rocks! We'll definitely have to keep it in mind. Too bad we can't just go for breakfast - any breakfast that blends chocolate, bacon, bourbon, and tar-thick coffee is OK by me.